Career Fellow - Tufts Career Center - Work or Non Work Study
This position is for the 20-21 academic school year
Career Fellows will . . .
- Act as ambassadors for the Career Center and promote the mission, vision and services of the Career Center
- Increase access to and awareness of career resources to the Tufts community
- Provide guidance and support to their peers on career related topics including navigating Tufts and Tufts resources, career exploration and career preparation
- Develop, plan and execute events across campus
- Support Career Center signature programs (ie Career Fair, Industry Nights, Resume Review day/nights)
Career Fellows will . . .
- Hold daily Drop-In hours for Tufts students to:
- Conduct one-on-one resume and cover letter critiques as well as discuss the internship search process and online resources
- Teach students how to navigate online resources including the Tufts Career Center website, Handshake, The Herd, LinkedIn and other major career exploration and internship job and search resources
- Develop and lead workshops on a variety of topics that promote the Career Center mission and educational goals for students
- Provide support at Signature Career Center events
- Run Career Center social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook)*
- Other related duties as assigned .
Additional Opportunity: Social Media Coordinator
- One Career Fellow will take on the additional leadership role of Social Media Coordinator. In this capacity, this Fellow will be responsible for implementing and executing, the Career Center's social media strategy. In addition to other Career Fellow responsibilities, this fellow will create and post content on a regular basis and use social media platforms to promote the Career Center and upcoming events.
- Please indicate interest in Social Media Coordinator position in your cover letter.
- Rising Tufts Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
- Must be in good standing with the university and have a 3.0 GPA minimum
- Be available to work 4-7 hours/week including some evening and weekend hours on the Medford campus for a full academic year
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong presentation abilities, great customer service skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Be able to work well with a team
- Have the ability to take initiative and exhibit a high level of reliability
- Be knowledgeable of student organizations and campus resources
- Past experience with or interest in Career Center resources and services a plus
- Creativity and enthusiasm!
Training, Pay, and Supervision:
- Fellows must be able to attend a mandatory orientation on Wednesday April 8 from 12:30-1:30pm*
- Fellows must be able to participate in at least 4 hours of drop-in shadowing prior to the end of spring semester*
- Fellows must be able to attend a mandatory retreat prior to the start of Fall semester on the following days: September 3, September 4
- Fellows must attend and participate in biweekly 30 minute 1:1 meetings with supervisor and weekly 1 hour team meetings
- Career Fellows are paid $12.75 per hour
- Career Fellows will be supervised by Sheryl Rosenberg, Assistant Director
Benefits of participation:
- Strengthen and develop your interpersonal, public speaking, programming, marketing, and career advising skills.
- Work in an office environment where you are truly part of the team, and where your opinions and suggestions are respected.
- Evaluate your own career development and explore new options through extensive exposure to career resources, programs, and workshops.
- Develop insight and vision regarding personal career preparation.
- Improve writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Network and collaborate with staff, faculty and other professionals.
- Build communication and interpersonal skills through advising students.
- Increase leadership and confidence.
*If you are currently studying abroad, a time will be arranged for the orientation via Skype.
*One Career Fellow will take on the additional role of Social Media Coordinator