We have a new and exciting opportunity through our unique Professional Development Program for Print Technology where employees are provided the opportunity to explore a wide range of roles in the print discipline. This program provides employees with job enrichment, practical experience, and professional development through a wide variety of skill attainment and technology exploration.
Nine-month rotations in a variety of exciting roles. The team will be immersed in all aspects of each function area.
Areas of exposure are:
➢ Prepress – Digital Design & CAD Rendering
➢ Screen Printing
➢ Lithographic Printing
➢ Digital Offset
➢ 3D Printing (Additive Manufacturing)
Starting Salary Range: $52,000-$54,000
Competitive benefits package
Position Summary: The position mission is to work in several rotational positions that prepare files and designs graphic elements to help the team achieve its operational efficiency objectives and complete graphic projects by coordinating the entire graphic production calendar with the support of the team. Responsible for the set-up and operation of the digital press and related equipment and for transforming ideas for products into functional prototypes. Completes graphic projects while respecting deadlines, budgets, and the needs of clients and business partners following cost, schedule and production constraints in addition to other important roles in overall print technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Work in several rotational positions that include a wide variety of roles and responsibilities.
Some of these include the following:
➢ Set up and operate a screen-printing machine.
➢ Print images on textiles and other flexible materials.
➢ Decide on appropriate inks and base materials.
➢ Design prints based on customer specifications using computer software.
➢ Ensure files conform to all technical specifications for printing.
➢ Perform customer-requested revisions to their supplied files. Upon art approval, you will impose production jobs conforming to technical specifications for printing, die-cutting, and finishing.
➢ Reads and understands job tickets to guarantee the correct product is produced based on customer specifications.
➢ Undertake model-making, prototyping and product testing.
➢ Use CAD to design and visualize projects.
➢ Conduct and/or use research on user experience and needs, current market trends and general functionality.
➢ Make modifications to existing designs or products to improve their performance or to integrate new technology.
➢ Work closely with the research and development team to integrate new improvements into designs and with quality team to ensure that the quality standards are met.
➢ Propose innovative ideas or cost savings to customers while identifying problems that could cause production delays.
➢ Participate in R&D projects and printing tests.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in design, print, or a similar discipline.
• Design or print background preferred.
• Advanced computer skills.
• CAD knowledge / experience preferred.
• Analytical & numeracy skills.
• Additive Manufacturing experience is a plus.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while respecting deadlines and priorities.
• Ability to grasp client needs quickly and meet those needs.
• Ability to proactively address issues and problems by proposing solutions.
• Strict devotion to quality and attention to detail.
• Able to work independently and suggest solutions to problems, take ownership of assigned tasks.
• Ability to maintain 3D equipment.
• Ability to use engineering inspection equipment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change.
• Creative problem-solving ability.
• Driven, self-motivated attitude and the ability to use initiative.
• Able to lift 50 lbs.