Amundsen Consulting within QuintilesIMS is an exciting and dynamic consulting practice where you can start or continue your career in healthcare consulting. As a new hire you will be provided on-the-job training that will allow you to develop the analytic skills and business acumen necessary to be successful on client engagements. In addition, our mentor program pairs all new hires with an experienced colleague to help you navigate your first year at QuintilesIMS.
Our consulting practice is focused on commercial issues in the U.S. pharmaceutical industry, providing strategic analyses to senior leaders at top U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturers. Our clients rely on our knowledge, experience, and aptitude for problem-solving to optimize strategies across their organizations. Our ability to leverage and manipulate big data, coupled with our in-depth understanding of a constantly evolving U.S. healthcare system, puts us in a unique position to deliver high-quality insights that address a variety of client needs.
QuintilesIMS possesses the largest and most comprehensive set of healthcare data assets in the world. From our position atop this wealth of information, we seek to deliver unparalleled insights and analysis to our clients. We are seeking the best, brightest, and most analytically motivated individuals to join our team and consult in a team-oriented atmosphere.
The Role of a Consulting Analyst:
Amundsen Consulting recruits Analysts with degrees from some of the world’s top undergraduate institutions. Analysts begin under the guidance of more senior team members, but are quickly provided with significant opportunities to contribute to all aspects of client engagements. In their second and third years with the practice, team members begin to assume an active managerial role running projects and mentoring more junior colleagues. The analytic rigor and creativity of our Analysts’ work is critical to the success of our engagement teams and our practice as a whole.
As a Consulting Analyst you’ll be responsible for:
· Performing strategic analyses on Big Data to derive trends, conclusions, and actionable recommendations for clients
· Contributing to internal brainstorming sessions and collaborating with engagement team members throughout client engagements
· Evaluating secondary data on markets, physicians, patients, and competitive products
· Developing and working with sophisticated predictive models
· Creating reports, presentations and other client deliverables
· Presenting to client audiences via teleconference or in face-to-face meetings
· Building professional relationships with members of the client team
· Proactively developing knowledge of the healthcare industry and consulting methodologies
· Assisting with recruiting new team members and participate in the interview process
An ideal candidate will have:
· A strong academic record (GPA 3.5/4), excellent problem-solving abilities, exceptional communication skills, strong quantitative skills, and be a proven team contributor
· An interest in and desire to learn about the constantly evolving healthcare industry
· Good project management, time management and organizational skills
· Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral)
· Exceptional IT literacy e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel
· A willingness or ability to travel as needed (<10% on average)rofil]*6 ?u#